About Me

My photo
It's All About the Baking came about because I want to share my Gluten-free baking. I've developed recipes and tricks over the past ten years so I could enjoy old favorites that tasted, well, just like the old favorites! Hundreds of experiments and tastings (including and especially friends who can eat gluten) later, I'm ready to share!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fail!

It happens to everyone. You make an old favorite, a standard recipe, and it doesn't work. What? I just took a Zucocoa cake out of the oven and had to laugh. It failed! It fell! I don't think I've had quite this thing happen. I've gone over my ingredients and can't figure out where I went wrong. I get everything out before I begin the baking process and put each item away once I've used it. Well, I misjudged something because the cake doesn't have a mind of it's own. Did I forget the baking soda or baking powder? Did I mismeasure the flour?

I suspect that last one is probably it. I was in a hurry. I've had a busy day and was baking for a gathering this evening. And I'm running
on very little sleep. Still, I'm experienced at this.

Perhaps it's meant to be Zucocoa Brownies?
I'm going to taste it, and if it's passable, will glaze it with ganache.

Stay tuned for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment